Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Pump it up

Although I wasn't popular enough to get called out here, I still felt suitably chastened for not kicking this blog back into gear as I had planned to a month ago. No excuses anymore, I'm just going to get this thing rolling.

Unfortunately it looks like my season will be a little less active this year; Steve is still recovering from an injury and likely won't be racing at all. But don't worry, I'm still going to try to get to as many races as possible! I have that new camera, plus now I have a spiffy new Chrome camera bag that was my pre-season present to myself, and I'm eager to get out there and use it.

For September, it looks like the only race we will be attending is Charm City. I'm bummed to have to miss Tacchino for the first time in something like five years (I was even there when it was in Leesburg, man!), but we'll be spending a week in the city by the bay instead. And, there's always a race out there that I may very well check out and report back on. Nittany, which I have yet to go to, is also out, as we will be checking this out instead, and cheering on Gilbert, the unofficial fan favorite of 2011.

As for me, I've finally started riding! Every other day on the trainer, 20-30 minutes. Got a computer and some cycling shorts, and have my eye on a sweet little 47 Bianchi. Goal for the end of the year is to be able to ride outside, get a road bike, and obtain and learn how to use cleats and clipless pedals. Tall order, but I'm nothing if not determined.

1 comment:

  1. Nice work Jen! 20 to 30 min every other day is around 2 hours per week... and a great place to start. See you at Charm City! Jason

    ReplyDelete